Talk:Dispel Undead

From CrawlWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

How come?

Max Damage is 3d(31.66) according to the math table. How come that the dice parameter is a broken one? Anybody out there who got any idea why it is something like '31.66' and not a simple integer '32'? -- Bwijn (talk) 11:55, 11 August 2014 (CEST)

It's not broken. The game rounds the damage either up or down, determined by the RNG. That .66 means that there's a 66% chance it'll be rounded up, and a 34% chance it'll be rounded down. If it was 3d31.01, it would almost always (99% chance) round down to 3d31, and very rarely (1% chance) round up to 3d32. Make sense? --MoogleDan (talk) 13:50, 11 August 2014 (CEST)
Thank you. That makes it clear now. I didn't know the concept of writing probability just like that. -- Bwijn (talk) 17:13, 13 August 2014 (CEST)