Version 0.29: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
|Breathes a bolt of dispelling energy at a targeted creature, possibly removing some of its enchantments.|
Quicksilver Bolt is a monster-only spell which fires a blast of irresistible, piercing, magic-dispelling energy. Any target struck by it will take significant damage and have the duration of their magical enhancements drastically reduced.
The following enemies cast Quicksilver Bolt:
- d Purple draconian (3d20 damage)
- D Quicksilver dragon (3d20 damage)
- E Quicksilver elemental (3d20 damage)
- D Serpent of Hell (Dis) (3d20 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Quicksilver Bolt, depending on their spell set:
- & Pandemonium lord (5.2% chance)
- d Tiamat (3d20 damage, 16.7% chance)
Players can duplicate the effect with a wand of quicksilver.
- In 0.29, the wand of quicksilver was introduced, allowing players (and more monsters) access to this spell.
- Prior to 0.19, quicksilver bolts did not pierce through enemies.
- Prior to 0.18, the spell could occasionally be cast by the player through the use of a Random Bolt spell, as evoked through a rod of destruction.