Rod of destruction
|This rod can be evoked to release a damaging spell picked at random from a small set, all able to pierce through monsters to damage the ones behind them.|
|a - Random Bolt||Evocations||4|
The rod of destruction is a rod which contains the Random Bolt spell. This functions like most other bolt spells, piercing through enemies until it runs out of range, but deals one of the following random elemental damage types:
- Negative energy
- Quicksilver (irresistible, strips away magical effects)
- Corrosive Bolt
Like all rods, its effectiveness rises with your Evocations skill. Due to the chance of it firing negative energy bolts, the good gods (The Shining One, Zin, and Elyvilon) all oppose its use, and due to the chance of it firing fire bolts, Dithmenos also disapproves.
- In 0.18, the rod of destruction was removed.
- Prior to 0.17, this rod could fire Crystal Bolts.
- In 0.16, Corrosive Bolt was added to the list of possible bolts.
- Prior to 0.14, there was a rod of destruction with the following spells: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, and Iron Shot.
- Prior to 0.13, there were three varieties of this rod, each with three different spells.
- Prior to 0.12, there was a rod of destruction with the following spells: Bolt of Inaccuracy, Bolt of Magma, and Bolt of Cold.