Bolt of Draining
Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Fires a penetrating bolt of negative energy which drains any living creature it strikes.|
Bolt of Draining is a monster-only spell which fires a bolt of negative energy, dealing damage and draining any creatures in its path. Negative energy resistance reduces the damage dealt by this spell by 50% (rN+), 75% (rN++), or 100% (rN+++). Many monsters are capable of casting Bolt of Draining with extremely irritating results: a loss of maximum HP which only disappears after you've gained sufficient experience. The following enemies cast Bolt of Draining:
- e Deep elf death mage (3d22 damage)
- 6 Demonspawn black sun (3d22 damage)
- W Eidolon (3d21 damage)
- L Halazid warlock (3d25 damage)
- H Jorogumo (3d20 damage)
- p Necromancer (monster) (3d18 damage)
- o Nergalle (3d18 damage)
- o Orc sorcerer (3d17 damage)
- D Serpent of Hell (Tartarus) (3d24 damage)
- D Shadow dragon (3d24 damage)
- 1 Tzitzimitl (3d29 damage)
- V Vampire mage (3d18 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Bolt of Draining, depending on their spell set:
- & Pandemonium lord (5.2% chance)
|Bolt of Draining|
|Max Damage||4d33 negative energy|
- Prior to 0.26, draining reduced skill xp instead of max HP.
- Prior to 0.25, Bolt of Draining was a level 5 Conjurations/Necromancy spell available to players.
- Prior to 0.14, Bolt of Draining was a level 6 spell.