Category talk:Crystal Ball Articles
Whow, 78 pages are in this category now. And the 0.12 has got not even a date yet. Proliferate! -- Bwijn 14:41, 22 March 2013 (CET)
So now that the feature freeze has happened, a comment and a question:
- If you're like me and add upcoming features by watching the changes on github, make sure that the commit was actually pushed here or here.
- How do we want to handle 0.13 features? On the one hand, that's a while away, and it'll be confusing having a page refer to up to three versions of the game. On the other hand, it often is easiest to write articles on feature changes as they come up, as nobody wants to go digging through pages of commits, and not all of the changes are that obvious in-game, such as tweaks to damage or monster stats.
-Ion frigate 09:16, 2 April 2013 (CEST)
- I agree to your musings. Couldn't "next trunk" changes be categorized as "Crystal ball 0.13"? In this manner it should be a clear thing. -- Bwijn 11:33, 2 April 2013 (CEST)
- I think the safest way to go about this is to ignore trunk for now until 0.12 lands (any ETA on when that might be?). Once that's done, we can worry about the next version. 0.13's a looooong way off still, so it's not like we won't have time to make those edits. Once that comes, we can use the same Crystal Ball Category as we're using now, as we'll remove the 0.12 pages from the category once The Present has caught up with the future History stuff.
- Alternatively, if we have definite news about what 0.13 is going to hold, we could just add that Crystal Ball as well, and when we wind up going through that category for 0.12's release, we could just leave those in there. It'll save a decent chunk of time now in exchange for a little more checking later, and that's a trade I'm willing to make. --MoogleDan 13:46, 2 April 2013 (CEST)
- I would suggest focusing on updating everything to 0.12 first as that is what most people will be playing in next few months. We can focus on 0.13 after the 0.12 tournament is over. However, notable features in 0.13 (i.e. Jesters class) could probably be put in as a Crystal Ball article already. --Flun 16:04, 2 April 2013 (CEST)
Now that the 0.12 Tourney is over...
We should clear out the category and then populate it with articles that have references to 0.13 updates. Once the category is clear lets post something this talk page so that we know we can start filling it in again. --Flun 22:43, 27 May 2013 (CEST)
- Okay, this category is now clear of articles that had to be fixed for 0.12. We can now start filling it with articles referring to 0.13. --Flun 18:05, 28 May 2013 (CEST)
What is this ?
I don't understand what this category means, how are these articles linked to version 0.17 (upcoming version as of my writing) ? -- Fingolfin (talk) 21:12, 26 August 2015 (CEST)
- Basically, we put the category on articles that will need changing after the next version. That way, we have one place we can go to see what still needs updating. --spudwalt (talk) 22:20, 26 August 2015 (CEST)