Cigotuvi's Dreadful Rot
Version 0.30: This article is up to date for the latest stable release of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
- This page is a stub. You could probably expand this page should you wish to do so.
Cigotuvi's Dreadful Rot is a level 2 Necromancy/Air Magic/Poison Magic spell.
It instantly creates a cloud of miasma on the user's tile, slowing, heavily poisoning, and damaging any breathing creature that steps inside. You are immune to this cloud for the turn you cast it, but vulnerable thereafter.
In addition, each cast will temporarially drain about 9% of the player's max HP per cast.
Hedge Wizards start with this spell in their libraries.
- Book of Vapours, Book of Decay, Kiku gift
- Most monsters in the early game will not walk through the miasma cloud. Useful to escape foes while avoiding attacks of opportunity. In a hallway, you can stand behind the cloud and get a few potshots.
- Works well with Mephitic Cloud - confused monsters can walk into the cloud. Monsters that are rPois, but not immune to miasma, will walk through the miasma if they are in the noxious fumes.
- Monsters who don't breathe, like undead monsters, are unaffected by miasma. Also watch out for monsters with ranged attacks.
- This spell was added in 0.30, replacing both Corpse Rot and Conjure Flame.
- ↑ spl-clouds.cc:48 (0.30.0)