Clarity is an intrinsic which protects you from most sources of confusion and mesmerise, and from going berserk unwillingly (though you may still intentionally go berserk as normal). Clarity shields you from the confusion effects of Mephitic Cloud and other sources of noxious clouds.
Clarity does not protect you from the following:
- Mesmerisation caused by the obsidian axe
- Confusion inflicted by Xom
- Confusion caused by potions of ambrosia
You can acquire it from the following sources:
- The Autumn katana unrandart
- The Orange crystal plate armour unrandart
- Clarity mutation
- Ashenzari grants it at ***... piety
- Zin's Vitalisation at **.... piety provides confusion immunity, but does not protect from mesmerise and berserk
Avoiding confusion is critical in certain portions of the game. Confusion caused by enemies like golden eyes and swamp drakes can be extremely fatal if it hits at the wrong time. Mummies in particular should value clarity, as they are the only species incapable of quaffing a potion of curing to remove confusion.