Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all arthropods, see list of arthropods.
|Attack1|| 19 (touch: confuse)
|Flags|| No skeleton|
|A small but greatly-feared spider whose bite causes victims to break into a frenzied dance.|
Tarantellas are spiders with a unique venom that induces confusion rather than poison in its victims. They are thankfully fairly fragile, but often appear along with a group of other spider types. They can be found in the Spider's Nest.
Tips & Tricks
- Poison resistance and willpower do nothing to stop their confusion effect, but clarity works like a charm, if you can get hold of it.
- A potion of curing will cure confusion.
- They're vulnerable to poison themselves, so Mephitic Cloud can take them out of commission easily.
- Tarantellas might be fragile, but they're fast and they hit about as hard as yaks, even without the added confusion. Be careful if you're fighting lots of spiders at once.
- Prior to 0.25, the player could summon tarantellas using a sack of spiders.
- In 0.17, chunks from tarantella corpses became edible instead of poisonous.