For a blink that you can control, see scroll of blinking.
|Translocates the caster a short distance, with precise control. Be wary that controlled translocations will cause the subject to become contaminated with magical energy.|
Controlled Blink is a level 8 Translocations spell which warps you to a nearby open space of your choice in your line of sight. The space must be somewhere visible, not deep water or lava, and cannot be behind a translucent wall.
Tips & Tricks
- For stabbers, it can be very useful to know the noise grid of this spell. The "@" character is the position where you land after blinking, and the "§" characters are cells where the noise will be heard.
......... ....§.... ..§§§§§.. ..§§§§§.. .§§§@§§§. ..§§§§§.. ..§§§§§.. ....§.... .........
- Controlled Blink was removed in 0.26. Controlled Blink's effect can still be found on the scroll of blinking.
- Controlled Blink could be found in the Akashic Record prior to its removal in 0.19.
- Prior to 0.17, Controlled Blink was a level 7 spell. Additionally, use of this spell on levels that prevented teleport control, such as The Tomb and final levels of a Ziggurat, resulted in an uncontrolled Blink.
- In 0.6, you couldn't blink into deep water even as a merfolk unless you were levitating.
- Prior to 0.6, Controlled Blink was noisier than Blink and could wake everything within radius 7.