|A wooden cudgel, loaded with more than just lead.|
Devastator is basically a well-enchanted club with upgraded base stats and unavoidable splash damage to everything adjacent to your target when used in melee. Devastator's explosion damage doesn't affect insubstantial or invisible monsters.
Despite everything constantly blowing up in your face, it actually does no backlash damage to you. It's especially useful for quickly clearing out swarms of fragile enemies like bats or killer bees, but it deals with single enemies in the early- and mid-game just fine.
This artefact is more likely to spawn in the early game, where it is more likely to be useful.
- In 0.29, Devastator creates noise again, though is much quieter.
- Prior to 0.28, Devastator was not explicitly likely to spawn in the early-game.
- Prior to 0.27, Devastator's explosions were very loud instead of being completely silent.
- Prior to 0.15, Devastator had a +4, +8 enchantment level.
- Devastator was added in 0.10.