Version 0.29: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Source(s)||Book of Displacement|
|Flags||Needs tracer, Not self, Target|
|Briefly redirects gravity around a target point, causing 'down' to be towards that point. All nearby creatures, save the caster, fall helplessly toward that point – typically colliding with each other, or with a victim standing there.|
Gell's Gravitas is a level 3 Translocation spell that pulls nearby creatures toward the target, causing damage if they collide. This effect can move monsters through ineligible terrain (like lava), but not into it. It does not affect the caster.
Warpers start with this spell available.
- Gell's Gravitas can do a surprising amount of damage if used in large clusters of enemies, particularly large-sized monsters. Use it on fragile spellcasters out of your direct line of sight to deal with them quickly.
- Gell's Gravitas can be used to clump multiple enemies into one location, making it an ideal setup for area-of-effect spells such as Fireball, Inner Flame, and Freezing Cloud.
- Be careful when using this spell around friendly targets. Summons will vanish, and other allies, like Necromancy's undead, will turn hostile.
- In 0.20, this spell was moved to Warper, from Arcane Marksman's book.
- In 0.19, this spell was moved to the Book of the Warp.
- In 0.17, Gell's Gravitas became part of the Book of Hinderance and the Book of Debilitation, set to level 3 and smite-targeted, but no longer confusing enemies.
- Gell's Gravitas was added in 0.16.