(Redirected from Giant spore)
Version 0.25: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all plants, see list of plants.
|ballistomycete spore *|
|Attack1|| 1 (hit: plain)
|Type||fungus, ballistomycete spore|
No experience gain
|A fast, gas-filled floating spore released by a ballistomycete when it senses a threat. After seeking out its foe, the spore will explode, damaging anything caught in the blast and further confusing living creatures.|
Ballistomycete spores are fast-moving, suicidal creatures which explode into a cloud of spores on contact with a target or when killed. The explosion has a diameter of about 5 squares and does 3d15 damage and confuses living targets. They have only 1 HP, so any successful attack will destroy them.
Tips & Tricks
- A spore's explosion can easily kill low level characters. Blinking away if it manages to get too close is not a bad idea.
- Followers of Fedhas can create friendly ballistomycetes by using Fedhas' Grow Ballistomycete ability. However, the spores won't follow your orders, so don't waste turns shouting.
- Prior to 0.24, ballistomycetes could reproduce via spores. The spores left mold as they moved, and new ballistomycetes could grow on it.
- Prior to 0.19, ballistomycete spores were known as giant spores.
- Prior to 0.17, ballistomycete colonies could spawn naturally instead of being exclusively created by Fedhasites.