Invocations denotes how skilful your character is at beseeching a deity for help. It improves the power and/or success rate of most god-given powers. (For some gods, piety also has this effect.)
The average aptitude of all species, excluding coloured draconian, is 1.038.
Invocations skill is useful when worshipping one of the following gods:
The remaining gods do not use Invocations skill:
- Kikubaaqudgha's abilities are powered by Necromancy.
- Ashenzari, Gozag Ym Sagoz, Jiyva, Ru, Trog and Wu Jian give abilities that are independent of skills.
- Vehumet and Xom don't provide any active abilities.
- Prior to 0.19, Nemelex Xobeh's skills were based on Evocations.
- Prior to 0.14, Jiyva's skills were based on Invocations.
- In 0.12, a hidden special cost for training Invocations was removed and aptitudes were adjusted.
|Melee||Short Blades • Long Blades • Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat|
|Ranged||Bows • Crossbows • Throwing • Slings|
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Charms • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|