|Source(s)||Book of Beasts|
|Summons a powerful exotic creature to the caster's aid: a manticore, a lindwurm, or, at high power, even a sphinx. Casting the spell at higher power also increases the strength of the beasts themselves.|
Monstrous Menagerie is a level 7 Summoning spell which summons an exotic, ranged creature.
One beast is summoned. Higher spell power gives a chance of a Sphinx and boosts the strength of the creature. There is a summon limit of 2; additonal summons will cause the oldest to very quickly time out.
There is a spell power dependent chance for a Sphinx,
(1 - 61 / <power>) / 2. If Sphinx isn't summoned, there is an equal chance of a Manticore or a Lindwurm.
Summoned monsters gain from 0 to 6 additional hit dice based on spell power. The formula is
(<power> - 50) / 25, randomly rounded to an integer.
Duration of the summons is around 36 turns, it does not depend on the spell power.
The monster version functions like the player version, except no hit dice bonus is given to the summoned creatures.
The following enemies cast Monstrous Menagerie:
- @ Kirke
- Prior to 0.28, Monstrous Menagerie had a summon cap of 4.
- Prior to 0.27, Monstrous Menagerie could summon 1-3 harpies.
- Prior to 0.22, for Dithmenos worshippers Lindwurm was replaced by a Manticore.
- Prior to 0.18, the spell level was 6.
- Prior to 0.17, the spell was found in the Book of Beasts and Book of Summonings, but not the Grand Grimoire.
- In 0.16 the spell got its summon cap reduced by one.
- Monstrous Menagerie was added in 0.14.
- ↑ spl-summoning.cc:226 (0.28.0)
- ↑ spl-summoning.cc:234 (0.28.0)