0.22 is a version of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. It was released on August 10, 2018.
- Player ghosts now only appear in sealed ghost vaults
- New spell library interface
- User interface revamp for Tiles and WebTiles
- Player ghost vaults:
- Ghosts now only appear in vaults sealed by runed doors or transporters.
- The ghost is always visible from outside the vault through clear walls.
- Dozens of new ghost vaults with a variety of themes. All contain loot, and many place other monsters with extra loot.
- Each level from Dungeon:3 onwards has a fixed chance of placing a ghost vault in most connected branches.
- Players on Abyss:1-4 will sometimes be drawn a level deeper, with the chance increasing based on XL and decreasing based on current depth.
- The Hall of the Hellbinder WizLab has fewer higher-tier demons.
- Two-headed ogres are less common in earlier dungeon levels.
- The player can use wands in all forms.
- The player can't order allies while confused.
- The MP-powered wand mutation allows use of wands at 0 MP and is now considered a good mutation.
- Dithmenos revamp:
- Dithmenos's Shadow Step ability no longer requires the target monster to be 'still' and has an HP cost of 8% max HP.
- Dithmenos no longer has an anti-fire conduct and allows use of fire-themed spells, items, and abilities.
- Dithmenos is now an evil god, hence is hated by the good gods and holy monsters.
- Fedhas' Sunlight is now the 1* ability and Evolution is now the 2* ability.
- Makhleb's Major Destruction has its range increased to 7 and Minor Destruction has its range reduced to 5.
- Yredelemnul's Enslave Soul ability is now smite-targeted.
- Trog no longer has a Burn Spellbook ability.
- In the Tiles minimap, the exploration horizon has a distinct colour.
- WebTiles chat improvements (server support may vary):
- The player can use `/mute' and `/unmute' commands on chatters.
- The `/mutelist' command shows the current mute list.
- The chat window has a minimize button that removes message notification.
- The `/hide' and `/hide forever` commands minimize/remove the chat window.
- Wands of digging now have a targeter showing the dig range.
- Updated visual theme for Tiles and WebTiles.
- Tiles and WebTiles informational screens now show tiles where appropriate.
- New Amulet: the amulet of the acrobat, which boosts the wearer's EV by 15 for non-attacking movement and rest actions.
- The Mace of Variability is reworked to sometimes create arcs of chaos that harm nearby monsters, but not the wielder. The enchantment is now a fixed +7.
- The Vampire's Tooth is now a +12 quick blade instead of a +4 dagger.
- Maxwell's Thermic Engine no longer has rC- and rF-.
- All fog types from scrolls of fog now spread like grey and black fog.
- Player ghosts can now follow the player through stairs.
- Minotaur monsters have increased health, defenses, and HD. They also spawn with armour and either tomahawks or javelins.
- Swamp worms and iron giants now have Harpoon Shot: a range 6 ability that fires a shot which pulls the player adjacent.
- Harold has better melee damage and armour, and he places earlier. His Bolt of Fire and Blink spells are replaced with Harpoon Shot and Sentinel's Mark.
- Jorgrun has Iron Shot instead of Shatter and places earlier.
- Ilsuiw spawns on Shoals:2-4 instead of nearly always spawning on Shoals:4.
- Engulf status from water elementals now blocks god abilities but no longer slows movement.
- The Barb status from manticore barbs now counts any non-movement actions towards removing the status.
- Swamp worms no longer spawn submerged in water.
- Sojobo, air elementals, ball lightnings, and twisters have resistance to Tornado instead of resistance to all wind attacks.
- Shock serpent retaliation now properly checks rElec.
- Spell Library:
- Spells from books are automatically added to a global library upon pickup.
- Library spells can be memorized from anywhere through the 'M' screen.
- Spellbooks are destroyed after their spells are added to the library.
- Vehumet won't offer you a spell you already have in your library.
- Borgnjor's Vile Clutch constriction damage is reduced by 25% and the spell is no longer in the Necromancer starting book (the Book of Necromancy).
- Lee's Rapid Deconstruction can no longer destroy walls.
- Ozocubu's Armour now expires immediately upon movement.
- Spellcasting success rates no longer use a step-down, making L9 spells slightly easier to cast.
- Passwall now has better range scaling, a lower max spellpower and a targeter to show its range.