For a list of all arthropods, see list of arthropods.
|An eerily glowing spider with strands of pure energy emerging from its spinnerets. It seems to want to keep its distance.|
Orb spiders are obnoxious and dangerous arachnids that tend to avoid direct combat with you, lingering at the edge of your line of sight and hurling Orbs of Destruction at you whenever you stop pursuing them. The fact that they tend to appear in areas filled with web traps only makes them more of a threat. They can be found in the Spider's Nest, particularly on the lower floors.
Tips & Tricks
- Orb spiders can deal a good amount of damage, but they are quite fragile. Use ranged attacks to kill them fast.
- With decent footwork, you can dodge their Orbs of Destruction. Once you've managed that, the orb will take several turns to circle back around for another pass, which may take it into another spider, a wall, or even the orb spider that cast it.
- Summon Butterflies can be a great way to block their orbs, although at low spell power you may need to cast it multiple times to get a decent wall of meat shields.
- Orb Spiders have a relatively low amount of Hit Dice, making them a good target for a wand of polymorph if you don't have a good ranged weapon.
- If you have trouble chasing down orb spiders, use curare-tipped darts to slow them down.