|| Scroll of identify
|| A useful magic scroll which identifies the properties of any unknown object.
Reading a scroll of identify allows the player to identify one item currently in their inventory.
- Scrolls of identify become worthless once you identify all potions and scrolls. You can use the \ key to see all items you (don't) already know. Note that the game will automatically figure out the 'last' potion/scroll through process of elimination.
- If you have already identified a scroll of identify, You can press ESC to cancel the scroll effect without using it.
- Prior to 0.27, scrolls of identify were more necessary, as weapons, armour, and jewellery did not identify when you stepped on their tile.
- Prior to 0.21, wands did not automatically reveal their charge when picked up.
- Prior to 0.15, scrolls of identify would sometimes allow you to identify up to three items in your inventory.