|| Scroll of butterflies
|| A scroll that surrounds its user with a flight of beautiful butterflies, blowing back other creatures nearby with the flapping of their wings.
Reading a scroll of butterflies creates a mass of friendly butterflies. It will place 16-22 butterflies within a 2-tile radius from you, and 12-28 butterflies within a 5-tile radius. It also knocks back nearby enemies.
This scroll is mutually exclusive with the scroll of summoning; only one of the two scrolls may spawn in any given game.
Tips and Tricks
- Butterflies are great at blocking attacks and distracting enemies. Note that butterflies are evasive, for better or worse. E.g. monsters with ranged weapons may miss your butterflies, hitting you anyways.
- You can swap places with one, allowing you to disengage without an attack of opportunity.
- Like all summons, they can be affected by a scroll of immolation, but their sporadic movement means that you always run the risk of taking a few fiery explosions to the face.
- Prior to 0.30, scrolls of butterflies alternated with the scroll of fog rather than the scroll of summoning. The scroll was more common, but created fewer butterflies (10-20 butterflies total) and did not knock back enemies.
- Scrolls of butterflies were introduced in 0.29. They replicate the effects of the removed spell Summon Butterflies, though the scroll spawns more butterflies.