Scroll of brand weapon
|A scroll that imbues a weapon with a random brand. Any existing brand will be replaced with a different one, and any brand forbidden by your current god will not be chosen. Artefacts cannot be branded in this way.|
Upon reading a scroll of brand weapon, you will be asked to choose a non-artefact weapon from your inventory to receive a permanent, randomly-selected brand. This will also replace any brand currently on the targeted weapon, if any.
If you have already identified the scroll, you may cancel the process by pressing Esc without consuming it.
The brand you receive depends on if its a melee or ranged weapon:
- Common: 13.3%
- Rare: 6.6%
The selected brand will automatically be rerolled in two cases:
- the new brand is identical to the weapon's former brand;
- your god disapproves of the selected brand.
- In 0.28, brand likelihood was changed to be more uniform.
- Prior to 0.26, the spectral brand did not exist.
- Prior to 0.15, rebranding a distortion weapon would trigger a distortion unwield effect. Also, the scroll would automatically affect your wielded weapon, rather than letting you choose a target.
- Prior to 0.14, you could control which brand you received to some extent: any temporary brand your wielded weapon held upon reading would be made permanent. Additionally, any time you gave your weapon one of the following brands, you would receive the following effect:
- Flame/Flaming: Inner Flame explosion centered on the reader
- Frost/Freezing: Ozocubu's Refrigeration
- Draining/Vampiricism: Moderate draining to the reader
- Venom: Olgreb's Toxic Radiance
- Electrocution: Orb of Electrocution centered on the reader
- Chaos: Chaos-branded explosion
- The following temporary brands could not be affixed this way, and attempting to do so was punished as follows:
- The scroll of brand weapon was added in 0.13, replacing the scroll of vorpalise weapon.
- item-use.cc:2562 (0.28.0)
|Acquirement • Amnesia • Blinking • Brand weapon • Enchant armour • Enchant weapon • Fear • Fog • Holy word • Identify • Immolation • Magic mapping • Noise • Silence • Summoning • Teleportation • Torment • Vulnerability|