Scroll of identify
(Redirected from Scrolls of identify)
|A useful magic scroll which identifies the properties of any unknown object.|
- With so many items able to be identified by trying them on, the first use for scrolls of identify is usually for identifying potions or amulets.
- If you're lacking scrolls of remove curse, you should also consider identifying any rings before trying them on.
- All weapon brands will identify upon sight if they were previously wielded by a monster, and their enchantments automatically identify when wielded, so identifying most regular weapons is unnecessary. However, a magical (i.e. runed or glowing) weapon found lying on the ground has a chance to be branded. That being said, identifying weapons with unknown brands on the ground is advisable in order to avoid wielding an unwanted distortion weapon.
- If you find a desirable artefact weapon, it is wise to identify it to reveal other egos that it may possess. Some weapons can have undesirable effects when unwielded, such as inflicting contamination, draining, or permanently destroying the item outright.
- If you spot a monster carrying an enchanted weapon with no evident brand, particularly in the early game, there is a good chance that the weapon will be cursed. On the other hand, these can sometimes be unbranded, high enchantment weapons as well, although they are uncommon.
- If you have already identified a scroll of identify, You can press ESC to cancel the scroll effect without using it.
- Prior to 0.21, wands did not automatically reveal their charge when picked up.
- Prior to 0.15, scrolls of identify would sometimes allow you to identify up to three items in your inventory.
|Acquirement • Amnesia • Blinking • Brand weapon • Enchant armour • Enchant weapon • Fear • Fog • Holy word • Identify • Immolation • Magic mapping • Noise • Random uselessness • Remove curse • Silence • Summoning • Teleportation • Torment • Vulnerability|