|| It reduces the distance the wearer can be seen at and can see.
Shadows is an ego found on scarves. A scarf of shadows reduces your LOS by 1, in turn reducing the distance you can attack or be attacked at.
- Useful when trying to sneakily steal a rune of Zot. Or to be sneaky in general; less sight means less chances for a monster to wake before you stab them.
- Kobolds have their LOS reduced to 3, which is even tinier.
- Scarves of shadow are also useful if you struggle with ranged enemies, such as centaurs. Though a scarf of repulsion is typically better suited for this task, repulsion has no effect on attacks like an orc priest's Smiting.
- Characters reliant on ranged attacks might still find the scarf useful, though you'll have less range to blast enemies before they get to you.
- Scarves of shadows were added in 0.26. In this version only, scarves of shadows would reduce your spellpower.