I just found one wanting a storm dragon armour + 3 and by the way happened to polymorph a hydra into a storm dragon which I slayed (YES!) and it gave me a hide (more YESSES!). The question now occuring to me (since I have stacked some enchant armour scrolls, but still not a wand of digging/teleportation) if the portal will stay open after I visited once for re-entering later - this question is notable if you ask me and would decide if I go in there yet or not.
Aargxl 01:49, 24 January 2014
- Portal levels close forever once you've entered them. Troves never time out, though, so you can wait as long as you want to find a wand of digging or whatever before you go in.
- Props on killing the polymorphed hydra. Storm dragons can be nasty. --spudwalt (talk) 04:27, 24 January 2014 (CET)
- Why do you need a wand of digging or teleportation for the trove? The extremely rare troves that use that type of item will have it right there, pre-identified. Yes, I think it may be true for the one trove that uses a wand of digging that you'd be able to get more items if you brought your own wand of digging. But it is *not* worth putting the trove off for that. Increasing your survivability now is always worth more than a slim chance of a larger reward in the future. -Ion frigate (talk) 05:30, 24 January 2014 (CET)
- He's asking that because it says at the very top of this page that you need dig or TP to fully explore them sometimes. Having that advice that high on the page gives it a bit of weight. Anyone capable of code diving to determine if that's still the case (or ever was the case; I know I've seen that glass box one that requires TP to fully explore, but there were no items in the unexplored area), and if so, how likely those layouts are?
- Three, found here. The first has various dragon skeletons with their respective hides as loot; the second has a couple of deep elf summoners behind grates (with diggable walls), and third has a shining eye, with a guaranteed potion of cure mutation. The first has a weight of 5, the next two have a weight of 2 each, so they're all quite rare . -Ion frigate (talk) 18:40, 24 January 2014 (CET)
update to version 20
I have made a few wording changes to update to version 0.20, but I have no idea what a trove would now ask for since the big wands are all gone now. Someone would have to check and adapt this. máɟáŋ (talk) 12:53, 15 June 2017 (CEST)