|It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.|
The displayed brand name differs by weapons type:
- Axes - Chopping
- Polearms - Spears and (demon) tridents: Piercing, Two-handed polearms: Chopping
- Maces & Flails - (Demon) Whips: Slashing, All other maces and flails: Crushing
- Staves - Quarterstaves: Crushing, Lajatangs: Slicing
- Long Blades - Slicing
- Short Blades - Piercing
- Tomahawks and Javelins: Steel
- Ranged weapons - Velocity
There is a 15.8% chance to brand a melee weapon and a 19% chance to brand a ranged weapon with vorpal when a scroll of brand weapon is read on a non-artifact weapon.
Tips & Tricks
- This brand works best on high-damage weapons, since the damage is multiplicative.
- Vorpal weapons are inferior damage-wise to most other brands, but versatile because nothing can resist its damage.
Prior to 0.16, this brand was called "stabbing" on short blades.
Prior to 0.13 this brand increased your damage between 0% and 25% each hit, averaging 12.5%.
|Melee weapons||Antimagic • Chaos • Distortion • Dragon slaying • Draining • Electrocution • Flaming • Freezing • Holy wrath • Pain • Protection • Reaching • Reaping • Returning • Speed • Vampiric • Venom • Vorpal|
|Launchers||Electrocution • Evasion • Flame • Frost • Penetration • Speed • Venom • Vorpal|
|Throwing weapons||Confusion • Curare • Dispersal • Exploding • Frenzy • Paralysis • Penetration • Poisoned • Returning • Silver • Sleep • Steel|