For a list of all arthropods, see list of arthropods.
|A giant wasp covered with thick plates of yellow chitinous armour. Its deadly venom can render most beings unable to move.|
Wasps are fast, flying insects with an especially nasty poisonous sting; along with dealing damage over time, it also slows you down until you're completely paralyzed. They are thankfully rare, only occasionally appearing in the Dungeon, the Lair, the Spider's Nest, and the Swamp (often emerging from treants or as spriggan rider mounts).
Tips & Tricks
- They're almost harmless if you have poison resistance, but if not, try to take them out from range. They don't have that much HP by the time you meet packs of them.
- Alternatively, their terrible magic resistance makes it easy to affect them with Hexes or status effect-inflicting wands.
- Wasps are vulnerable to poison, so Mephitic Cloud is almost guaranteed to render them confused and easy to defeat, and poison needles will deal heavy damage to them quickly.
- Wasps were removed in 0.19
- Prior to 0.16, this monster was known as yellow wasp.