- Pressing @ will display character status, displaying short statements of the following:
- whether you are alive or undead
- a description of transformations and/or transmutations, if any (e.g. "You are a tree.", "You have grown temporary horns.", etc.)
- a general assessment of movement speed
- a general assessment of attack speed
- a general assessment of magic resistance (described as resistance to "hostile enchantments.")
- a general assessment of how stealthy you are
The character status command pairs well with the % command. Although it provides a less quantified summary of information, it may be more intelligible to newer players and those generally less versed in Dungeon Crawl specific jargon.
If you want to view the specific numbers which give rise the descriptions, you'll have to enter wizard mode.
Outside the game, the @ symbol is sometimes used to refer to Dungeon Crawl or roguelikes more generally.