For unique monster abilities, see Special ability
An ability is a power that a player character may have, and may choose to use at any time. Abilities can be unleashed by pressing the a key.
Abilities can be:
- Natural abilities, such as a naga's Spit Poison ability
- Powers given by mutations, such as blinking
- Powers given by an item, such as Evoke Invisibility from the ring of invisibility
- Powers given by a god, such as Elyvilon's Lesser Healing
- Powers given as part of a spell, such as Delayed Fireball
Abilities have both a cost and a chance of success. They may also depend on the player's state; eg. vampires cannot transform into Bat Form while full of blood. Many abilities are disabled if you are silenced.
- Permanent MP
- Permanent HP
- Food (Makes non-mummy characters hungrier. This cannot be reduced by your skills or stats.)
Prior to 0.17, ability scores were capped at 72, now at 125.