Version 0.25: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Speed||10 (act: 80%; swim: 60%)|
|Attack1||30 (bite: plain)|
|Attack2|| 15 (tail slap: plain)
| An aggressive crocodilian with great crunching jaws full of sharp teeth.
“Alligators commit errors of diet.”
Alligators are a mean step up from crocodiles, capable of ambushing adventurers with surprising speed and powerful bites. They can be found in the Swamp, with a 20% chance to be accompanied by a second alligator outside of vaults.
|Spell set I|
Tips & Tricks
- They are faster than their speed of 10 would suggest. Their "act" value of 80% means that even on land, they attack at roughly the same rate as a speed 12-13 monster, while their "swim" value of 60% means they are Spriggan speed in water. Add in their Sprint spell which works on land, and you have a monster that is considerably faster than average.
- Their magic resistance is non-trivial, but a gifted Hexer can overcome it. In addition, they lack any elemental resistances and are cold-blooded, making Conjurations reasonably effective against them. They also lack see invisible, making invisibility an appealing option against them.
- Prior to 0.18, alligators were able to hide in water.
- Prior to 0.17, an alligator had a chance to spawn with additional baby alligators.
- Alligators were added in 0.6-d619ec97.