This article is about the damage type. For the artefact crossbow by this name, see the Damnation (unrand).
This spell has a range of 7, requires a line of sight to the target, and creates an unavoidable 3×3 burst. Damage in each tile is 3d20 damnation. The following enemies cast Hurl Damnation:
- & Asmodeus (3d20 damage)
- R Azrael (3d20 damage)
- 1 Brimstone Fiend (3d20 damage)
- e Deep elf sorcerer (3d20 damage)
- & Dispater (3d20 damage)
- q Draconian scorcher (3d20 damage)
- 1 Hell Sentinel (3d20 damage)
- @ Hellbinder (3d20 damage)
Call Down Damnation
This deadlier version of the previous uses smite targeting to direct a 3×3 burst of damnation against targets in LOS. Damage is 5d7 damnation (when the target is a monster) and 3d15 damnation (when the target is you). The following enemies cast Call Down Damnation:
- R Azrael (3d15 damage)
- e Deep elf high priest (3d15 damage)
- q Draconian scorcher (3d15 damage)
- 2 Hellion (3d15 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Call Down Damnation, depending on their spell set:
- Pandemonium lord (5.2% chance)
Damnation Sources for the Player
There are few methods available for players to gain access to damnation. They are all found in the late game, and usually at a heavy cost. (Call Down Damnation is not available at all.)
- Evoking the Staff of Dispater will reliably cast Hurl Damnation (Power = Evocations×8, max damage 3d57), but at a cost of 5-23 HP (average 14, but never fatal), 2-6 MP (average 4), and 100 food.
- The demonspawn Fire mutation (tier 1, rank 3) allows you to cast Hurl Damnation (damage based on XP level, max 6d28 at level 27), but at a cost of 15% of your max HP per use.
- Bolts fired with the arbalest "Damnation" cause damnation damage.
All player-launched sources of damnation require a line of sight and create an unavoidable 3×3 burst:
- Range: 7
- To-Hit Number: (20+(Power/10))
- Damage: calc_dice(3, 10 + (Power * 3) / 4)
Some monsters (typically demons) possess damnation resistance, rendering them immune to damage from damnation. Players cannot acquire damnation immunity, and the only available method for reducing damnation damage is the damage-shaving ability of deep dwarves.
- Prior to 0.18, damnation was known as hellfire.