The average aptitude of all species, excluding coloured draconian, is 0.259.
Increasing Evocations skill results in the following:
- Increases max MP (if your Evocations skill is higher than Invocations skill and at least twice as high as Spellcasting skill)
- Increases the spell power of effects produced by many evoked items
- Increases the success rate of evocable items that are capable of failing.
- Increases the success rate of rings of flight, amulets of rage, and cloaks of invisibity.
- Increases damage inflicted with certain magical staves
When monsters wield weapons that are affected by Evocations, they are given skill equal to their HD if they are intelligent, and have no skill otherwise. When monsters attempt to use evocable abilities on jewellery, they succeed 100% of the time, regardless of their effective skill.
- Prior to 0.19, evocations improved Nemelex Xobeh abilities
- In 0.17, all races had their Evocations aptitude decreased by one.
- In 0.12, a hidden special cost for training Evocations was removed and aptitudes were adjusted.
- Prior to 0.11, Evocations had no impact on your max MP.
|Melee||Short Blades • Long Blades • Axes • Maces & Flails • Polearms • Staves • Unarmed Combat|
|Ranged||Bows • Crossbows • Throwing • Slings|
|Physical||Fighting • Armour • Dodging • Stealth • Shields|
|Magical||Spellcasting • Invocations • Evocations|
|Spell Schools||Air • Charms • Conjurations • Earth • Fire • Hexes • Ice • Necromancy • Poison • Summoning • Translocations • Transmutations|