|Followers of the ancient swamp ways, these witches rise above the muck and mire on a pair of stilt-like chicken legs. They are masters of pain and poison.|
Fenstrider witches are hexing, supportive casters of the Swamp. Paralysis can be deadly in every branch; the Swamp is no exception. If you get into melee range, they can inflict Agony on you. High willpower is recommended to deal with them. When killed, their corpses may form into usable wands (100% per corpse, or a net 50% chance).
Tips & Tricks
- Paralyse is a very scary spell, unless you have the willpower to resist it. Getting paralysed next to a group of monsters can instantly kill you.
- Unlike other monsters, witches have the melee version of the Agony spell.
- Hurl Sludge creates a sludge tile where it lands, which lasts for 2-3 turns. Like Eringya's Noxious Bog, any non-flying creature standing in sludge will take high amounts of poison damage. It otherwise acts as shallow water, giving a penalty to melee attacks and movement speed to a non-amphibious adventurer.
- Don't try to fight a witch while standing in toxic sludge, unless you have both poison resistance and a lot of HP, or the ability to fly.
- Hurl Sludge can replace staircases with sludge tiles. Watch out!