Fly is a status effect that sends you soaring above the ground. It makes traversing terrain with water and lava much easier. The only major downside to flying is that it greatly increases the damage you take from the Airstrike spell; consider landing before facing foes who know it.
- Ability to cross deep water and lava.
- Ignore most effects of shallow water.
- Take extra damage from Airstrike spell.
- Minor movement speed bonus for tengu.
- Removal of some stealth bonuses and penalties:
- Innate ability of Gargoyles, tengu, and black draconians. Gained when reaching high enough XL.
- Potion of flight.
- Boots or barding with flight ego or an artefact with +Fly property.
- Casting Tornado.
- Using a ring of flight
- Prior to 0.17, flight could be achieved using the Flight spell.
- Prior to 0.16, flight protected you from mechanical traps. There was also a Flight card.
- Prior to 0.15, flying creatures had a 2/3rds chance of dodging thrown nets.
- Prior to 0.13, flight could protect you from electrical attacks.
- Prior to 0.12, flight increased the caster's carrying capacity.