Book of Spatial Translocations
|Warps space into paradoxical configurations in order to strike many visible targets with one melee attack. The effect is too imprecise to allow stabbing unsuspecting foes. At high power, it can be used to strike more enemies at once.|
Manifold Assault is a level 5 Translocations spell which allows you to attack multiple targets within line of sight with melee attacks. Higher spellpower allows you to attack more targets at once, up to a maximum of four. This spell's cast time is the same as your wielded weapon's attack delay.
The number of targets is equal to
2 + Spell Power/50, rounded in a weighted manner. All hostile monsters that are in LOS have an equal chance to be targeted. Each target is hit by 1 attack from your weapon (or fist), with no auxiliary attacks.
Warpers start with this spell available.
Manifold Assault is unable to stab opponents, while cleaving and reaching have no effect. In addition, the following unrand artefacts have special effects that do not activate under this spell:
- This spell takes quite a bit of investment to cast. Species like Gnolls can spare the experience to use this spell, while able to invest into melee combat stats too.
- Manifold Assault thrives when paired with high damage melee attacks. Slower weapons like the Dark maul, or Transmutations such as Dragon Form, will prove to be effective.
- This spell is quite MP intensive, but Djinn and characters worshipping Vehumet or The Shining One (in the late-game) can afford to continously spam it at a distance.
- In 0.30, Manifold Assault will be a level 4 spell, but halve the number of targets when using Unarmed Combat.
- Manifold Assault was added in 0.27.
- ↑ spl-transloc.cc:1183 (0.29.0)