| Warps space into paradoxical configurations in order to strike many visible targets with one melee attack. At high power, it can be used to strike more enemies at once. Very high power is required to launch multiple unarmed strikes in this fashion, since greater care must be taken when warping one's own limbs.|
The time taken for the attack is exactly the same as a normal attack. It's imprecise, so it can't do extra damage against unsuspecting foes.
Manifold Assault is a level 4 Translocations spell which allows you to attack multiple targets within line of sight with melee attacks. Each target is hit by 1 attack from your weapon (or fist), with no auxiliary attacks. This spell's is cast in the same amount of time as your weapon's attack delay.
If you are wielding a weapon, you can hit up to
2 + spell power/50 targets (max 4), rounded in a weighted manner. If you are using Unarmed Combat, the number of targets is halved. All hostile monsters that are in LOS have an equal chance to be targeted.
Warpers start with this spell available.
- This spell takes quite a bit of investment to cast, at least for a heavy armour melee fighter.
- Manifold Assault thrives when paired with high damage melee attacks, like two-handed weapons and Transmutations like Dragon Form. The dark maul is especially brutal.
- This spell can be quite MP intensive. Unless you have great MP reserves (Djinn, Vehumet worshippers, TSO during extended...), you probably can't afford to spam it against everything that enters LOS.
- Prior to 0.30, Manifold Assault was a level 5 spell, with no special behavior towards Unarmed Combat.
- Manifold Assault was added in 0.27.
- spl-transloc.cc:1230 (0.30.1)