|This spell temporarily transforms the caster into a great, fire-breathing dragon. Draconian casters will instead retain their innate colour and breath weapon when transformed.|
- Enhanced Unarmed Combat
- Ability: Breathe Flames 3 (similar to Bolt of Fire)
- +50% HP
- 34% GDR
- Natural AC set to about 10
- +10 Strength
- All equipment except for rings and amulets meld into your body
- Natural EV set to about 8 (affected by Dodging)
- Claws 3 severs Hydra heads, causing two to grow back.
This leaves the caster fairly vulnerable, as they normally have only two rings, certain mutations, spells, and godly protection to defend them from attacks. Fire and poison won't be much of an issue, but anything else (especially cold) can be deadly. Even with the extra HP and GDR, your AC is low enough to make enemy attacks hurt, and your size makes it very hard to get any decent amount of evasion.
That being said, you are given a phenomenal amount of offensive firepower. Skilled Unarmed Combat specialists will be able to kill golden dragons in a single bite, and your Breathe Flame ability can devastate opponents when you reach higher experience levels. Unlike some Transmutations spells, Dragon Form in no way impairs your spellcasting (though you can't wield enhancer staves or wear a robe of the Archmagi, unfortunately), so you can attack magically while waiting for your breath to recharge.
Draconian characters casting Dragon Form function slightly differently:
- You retain your natural breath weapon, if you have one (grey draconians do not gain one).
- You keep the AC bonus from your scales mutations.
- Instead of gaining rF++ and rC-, you retain your natural resistances (or lack thereof). Red and white draconians gain rF++/rC- and rF-/rC++, respectively, and all Dragon Form draconians get rPois regardless of color.
Prior to 0.13, Dragon form was a Transmutation/Fire spell.
Prior to 0.8, draconians did not function differently.