For a list of all centaur-type creatures, see list of centaurs.
| A more intelligent relative of the faun, often found in their company, and far more unforgiving of — and dangerous to — interlopers.
“When Peleus, some distance away, saw him torn apart by the frightful wound he shouted: ‘Accept this tribute to the dead, at least, Crantor, dearest of youths’, and with his powerful arm, he hurled his ash spear, at full strength, at Demoleon. It ruptured the ribcage, and stuck quivering in the bone. The centaur pulled out the shaft minus its head (he tried with difficulty to reach that also) but the head was caught in his lung. The pain itself strengthened his will: wounded, he reared up at his enemy and beat the hero down with his hooves. Peleus received the resounding blows on helmet and shield, and defending his upper arms, and controlling the weapon he held out, with one blow through the arm he pierced the bi-formed breast.”
Satyrs are the powerful leaders of faun packs. Like their weaker brethren, satyrs attack you at range and have crippling Hexes. They'll also might nearby enemies with Battlecry, increasing allies' melee damage by +50%. They can be found in the Shoals.
Tips & Tricks
- It's good to have high willpower in the Shoals, and satyrs are one of the main reasons for it.
- Sleep might only last for 1 turn, but it's 1 turn where a squad of mighted fauns can shoot at you, melee enemies hit for 250% damage, and EV/SH are set to 0. If you're around a group of enemies, sleep can mean lots of extra damage.
- Cause Fear can be annoying to melee characters. At the least, breaking line of sight will end the effect. It's more annoying if you rely on summons or other allies; allies without enough will can be feared, too, reducing their effectiveness to near 0.
- Note that fauns have Strip Willpower, making it more likely for you to be hit by these effects.
- While the Hexes are dangerous, don't underestimate the ranged attacks. Fauns can deal moderately high damage from a distance, and when mighted, they are strong in melee too. Try to take out the satyr quickly to prevent Battlecry from being used.