|| A once proud human who has been magically enslaved, and is now a timid, simpering creature, ready to perform any deed at its master's command. However, its magical enslavement lasts only as long as its master does, and it would surely appreciate being freed.
“Who rebels? Who rises in arms? Rarely the slave, but almost always the oppressor turned slave.”
-E.M. Cioran, _History and Utopia_. 1960.
The unique big kobold Pikel is accompanied by several human slaves that give no experience, items, or corpses when killed.
They will become neutral freed slaves when Pikel dies, so you may want to avoid fighting them.
|| A human who has just been released from magical enslavement. It tries to stand proudly before you, despite its lingering fear and unkempt appearance.
Tips & Tricks
- Check out Pikel's page for tips.
- Slaves can be dangerous for a low-level character. In general, try not to let them come at you in a mob; they're pretty strong even individually. If you can get Pikel away from his slaves, he's much easier to kill.
- Fortunately, Pikel will move past his slaves to attack you, so if you can just lure the lot into a corridor, isolating Pikel will be relatively simple.
- After they become neutral, they will fight any hostile monsters they encounter, whether or not you are present. You will not get experience for their kills. This can be a problem when you wanted corpses or experience, as the full set can clear out most of the level for you.
- Of course, the amount of experience provided by a single floor in the early Dungeon is fairly insignificant in the long run, so it's probably not worth worrying about.
Prior to 0.24, dead slaves would drop corpses and their animal skins.