Pikel

From CrawlWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Version 0.20: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.

For a list of all kobolds, see list of kobolds.

Pikel KPikel.png
HP 25-52
HD 6
XP 637
Speed 10
AC 6
EV 12
MR 20
Attack1 9 (hit: plain)


Type of Meat Inedible
Resistances None
Vulnerabilities None
Habitat Land
Intelligence Human
Uses Starting equipment
Open doors
Holiness Natural
Size Medium
Type kobold, big kobold
Flags Speaks
Warm-blooded
Unique
Male
While kobolds are normally slaves, Pikel's rough life, selfish ambition and large stature have caused him to rise up and become a slaver himself. He is on his way to the Orcish Mines to sell his wares, a selection of timid humans who cower with every crack of his whip.

Useful Info

Pikel the Slaver is a unique big kobold who has a number of human slaves under his command. He is dangerous on his own, wielding an enchanted whip of flaming (40% chance), freezing (40%), or electrocution (20% chance, and by far the most dangerous). With the help of his slaves he is more than a match for most low-level characters. If you can manage to kill him, however, his slaves will be freed and become friendly toward you.

Location

Tips & Tricks

  • If you intend to face him in melee, don't allow any of his slaves to reach you; he does enough damage on his own. Facing him in a hallway or luring him upstairs helps.
  • Confusion through Mephitic Cloud can disable him and his slaves easily, often with lethal results. For a more amusing death, however, you can charm him with a wand of enslavement; the slaves are freed once it connects, and will tear him to pieces when his charmed state ends. Bear in mind that you don't get XP for slave kills, unfortunately.
  • Although killing the slaves provides you with no XP, you may wish to anyway. Once they've gone free, they will start killing everything they come across on the floor, robbing you of XP opportunities. That being said, if you don't mind them stomping the floor flat, let them go nuts.
    • Followers of good gods should not kill the freed slaves. Doing so will cost you piety.

History

Prior to 0.14, he would only spawn with a whip of flaming or electrocution.