Yara's Violent Unravelling
|If cast upon a creature already blessed (or cursed) with magical enchantments, those enchantments will be torn apart, transforming into a spray of destructive mutagenic radiation. The victim and anyone adjacent will be blasted and heavily deformed, weakening them and reducing their armour. Summoned creatures are particularly vulnerable, as the enchantments binding them to this plane will unravel and cause them to be dismissed immediately.|
Yara's Violent Unravelling is a level 5 Hexes/Transmutation spell which dispels all cancellable effects on the target and, if any were dispelled, causes a damaging explosion of mutagenic energy around the victim. Summons that are not durable may also be targeted, and are instantly and violently abjured. It is smite-targeted.
For a full list of cancellable effects, see the potion of cancellation article.
- Monsters which summon others or provide buffs are the perfect targets for this spell. Even if they renew the enchantments, they lose time and suffer damage from the mutagenic radiation. Even the Word of Recall channel used by Ironbound convokers can be dispelled.
- Hexers can use other enchantments like Slow to make monsters vulnerable to the unravelling effect, while Evocations experts can use a paralysis.
- Curare and atropa darts also render monsters vulnerable; they are often a better option for monsters with high willpower.
- Unravelling your own summons is a safe, albeit somewhat disappointing, way to deal damage. Creatures that are almost dead might as well explode. However, beware of gods who forbid this kind of ally betrayal.
- In a pinch, casting Yara's Violent Unravelling on yourself can work as a poor man's potion of cancellation. However, this makes a lot of noise, inflicts heavy and irresistible damage, and malmutates you, so this is best reserved for true emergencies.