|A divine warrior of the Shining One. It is a towering winged figure of unnatural beauty surrounded by an aura of brilliant white light.|
For a list of all holy monsters, see list of holy monsters.
Tips & Tricks
- Undead characters should keep their distance: either kill them from afar or run away.
- Angels often carry sacred scourges or eudemon blades. If you're not undead or demonspawn, it may be worth killing them in order to steal these, as they are among the best weapons in the game. Just be sure to have an escape plan for when things go pear-shaped.
- It's easy to avoid angels while wandering the Abyss. Just turn around when you see their 5-tile halo effect hit the edge of your LOS.
- Keep in mind that they aren't resistant to cold, acid, or fire damage.
Certain Zin altar vaults contain Zin angels. These are always behind transparent walls, so unless you let them out, the worst they can do is yell at you for being impious.
|A divine agent of Zin. It is a towering winged figure with an aura of brilliant white light. Its face is marked by a scowl, as if its zeal against any real or perceived vice overshadows its goodness.|
- Prior to 0.28, angels could see invisible.
- Prior to 0.15, TSO could punish the player for killing angels and other holy beings. Also, hostile angels could turn neutral if the player worshipped a good god and was sufficiently pious.
- Prior to 0.7, the cleansing flame you suffer when killing angels was significantly more powerful.