(Redirected from Brimstone fiend)
Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Brimstone Fiend 1|
|Attack1||25 (hit: plain)|
|Attack2||15 (hit: plain)|
|Attack3||15 (hit: plain)|
|Type||Brimstone Fiend, Brimstone Fiend|
|A huge and powerful demon wreathed in damnation, with great scaly wings. One of the most fearsome denizens of any of the Hells.|
Brimstone Fiends are truly brutal demons, even among other greater demons. Like all Fiends, they are capable of tormenting victims, and their powerful Damnation attacks make them a threat even to prepared adventurers. They are immune to most fire attacks, but are vulnerable to cold. Brimstone Fiends can be found in Gehenna and Pandemonium, and may be summoned by liches, demon lords, and other powerful casters.
|Spell set I|
|Slot1||Hurl Damnation (3d20)||Magical flag|
|Slot2||Symbol of Torment||Magical flag|
Tips & Tricks
- All fiends are very dangerous; their combination of torment and high-powered attacks can lead to a very quick death. The Brimstone Fiend is one of the more dangerous members of this family, especially at range. Use cold spells, or a freezing- or holy wrath-branded weapon (the latter is more effective), to take it out as quickly as possible.
- If you lack ranged abilities, lure it around a corner into melee rather than risking several turns of torment and damnation. Its melee attacks hurt a lot less than its spells.
- If you are undead or in lichform, the Brimstone Fiend will forego torment and just cast Damnation. Damnation never misses and ignores AC, making it very deadly, especially for low-HP characters such as deep elves, felids, or casters who haven't built up their Fighting skill.
- Prior to 0.28, they were vulnerable to water.
- Prior to 0.27, you could summon your own Brimstone Fiend with the Summon Greater Demon spell. Its loyalty was not guaranteed, however.
- Prior to 0.10, "Brimstone Fiends" were named "Fiends."
- 0.28 articles
- Hit type
- Plain flavour
- Damnation resistance
- Fire resistance
- Fire resistance 3
- Poison resistance
- Miasma resistance
- Negative energy resistance
- Negative energy 3
- Torment resistance
- Cold vulnerability
- Holy vulnerability
- Human intelligence
- Open doors
- Demonic holiness
- Large monsters
- See invisible