|Calls forth a minor demon from the pits of Hell.|
Call Imp is a level 2 Summoning spell which summons an imp.
Summons a single friendly imp. Higher spell power can result in a better imp and more duration.
- 5 Crimson imp - Blinks, regenerates quickly
- 5 White imp - Deals melee and ranged cold damage
- 5 Shadow imp - Casts Pain, sees invisible
- 5 Iron imp - Strong but slow, multi-resistant
There is always 27.8% chance of a White imp. With increase in spell power the probability of a Crimson imp decreases and the probability of getting Shadow or Iron imp increases. It's only possible to get a Shadow or Iron imp once spell power reaches 47.
Call Imp is a versatile and powerful spell that is also cheap and easy to cast. It can be spammed as early as D:2 to quickly defeat early threats such as uniques, ogres, and worms. You only get one imp per cast, but they can be any of four types with varied and useful abilities.
Standard crimson imps are difficult to kill, but they blink around so are less effective at blocking line of sight. They also do less damage to other imps. White imps are useful for slowing cold-blooded foes, and have strong distance attacks and cold-based melee attacks. Shadow imps can see invisible creatures like orc wizards and can hit things with negative energy. Iron imps are slow, but hit as hard as wargs and are tough to take down.
The following enemies cast Call Imp:
- h Natasha
- Prior to 0.12, summoned shadow imps could give you permanent undead allies by casting Animate Dead, allowing characters without Necromancy to create undead armies.
- Prior to 0.7, Call Imp was a level 3 spell. Also, it could not summon iron imps.