Deep elf master archer
For a list of all deep elves, see list of deep elves.
|A deep elf archer who has devoted a lifetime to the mastery of archery, dismissing magic as a frivolous distraction.|
Deep elf master archers are deadly marksmen, dealing heavy ranged damage at lightning speed with their bows. Unlike most deep elves, they have no magical capabilities to speak of. They can be found almost exclusively on the lowest floor of the Elven Halls, guarding the treasure rooms.
Tips & Tricks
- Barring exceptional defenses, deep elf master archers with a clear line of fire will deal staggering amounts of damage very quickly (all the more so if they have a branded bow). If you're playing a character who has trouble taking a hit or two, do what you can to keep something in the way of their arrows at all times unless you're actively killing them. A flood of summons works well, though weak ones will likely be mowed down almost as fast as you can generate them. Any smite-targeted spell, however, is perfect here.
- Luring master archers around a corner is highly preferable to charging headlong into a stream of arrows. Fighting them from a kill hole is even better, but kill holes don't last long around deep elf elementalists.
- Unlike with some other archers (eg centaurs), if you are adjacent to a deep elf master archer, they will not switch to a melee weapon, making them no less deadly at point-blank range. Of course, if you've got the archer next to you, then you can freely pummel them to death; they're lightly armoured and only moderately evasive.
- If you've found a scarf of repulsion, the Elven Halls is a good place to wear it. Deflect Missiles is even better for those who have invested in Charms and Air Magic.
- If you have curare, this is a good time to use it, either to escape the pummeling or slow down the rate of fire to achieve a kill.
- A scroll of fear can get a master archer off your back long enough to regroup, but not reliably; you'll probably need more than one and had better have reasonable HP to begin with.