Deep elf master archer
For a list of all deep elves, see list of deep elves.
|A deep elf archer who has devoted a lifetime to the mastery of archery, dismissing magic as a frivolous distraction.|
Deep elf master archers are deadly marksmen, dealing heavy ranged damage at lightning speed with their bows. Unlike most deep elves, they have no magical capabilities to speak of. They can be found almost exclusively on the lowest floor of the Elven Halls, guarding the treasure rooms.
Tips & Tricks
- Barring exceptional defenses, when given a clear line of fire to you, deep elf master archers will deal staggering amounts of damage very quickly (all the more so if they have a branded bow). If you're playing a character who has trouble taking a hit or two, do what you can to keep something in the way of their arrows at all times unless you're actively killing them. A flood of summons works well, though weak ones will likely be mowed down almost as fast as you can generate them. Any smite-targeted spell, however, is perfect here.
- Repel Missiles/Deflect Missiles is good to have up at all times in the Elven Halls, and even moreso when facing master archers.
- Unlike with some other archers (eg, centaurs), if you are adjacent to the deep elf master archer, he will not revert to using a melee weapon.
- If you have curare, this is a good time to use it: either to escape the pummeling or slow down the fire rate to achieve a kill.
- A scroll of fear will work, but not reliably; you'll need more than one and had better have reasonable HP to begin with.