For a list of all arthropods, see list of arthropods.
|A hellish insectoid creature with a long and bloated body, supported by dozens of short jointed legs and topped with an almost human head.
Demonic crawlers are grotesque demonic pests. In addition to fast speed and moderately high damage, demonic crawlers regenerate very quickly, gaining +6 HP/turn. They are often encountered in the Spider's Nest.
Tips & Tricks
- High damage is usually required to kill them. Barring that, the following work well:
- Hex wands. They have moderate willpower, but a scroll of vulnerability can lower it. Paralysis gives stab bonuses, which usually lets melee fighters kill it in time. Charming can allow other spiders to do the work for you. Polymorph will turn it into a form without regeneration.
- Clouds. A condenser vane, if it doesn't create poisonous clouds, will let you outdamage their regeneration. Freezing Cloud will work just as well.
- Scroll of immolation or Inner Flame. A couple of spiders exploding can do the trick. In a pinch, immolation can even work against a lone crawler, since Inner Flame creates a flame cloud on hit. Just make sure the explosions don't kill you.
- Unlike many other opponents in the Spider's Nest, demonic crawlers are resistant to poison, but they are vulnerable to weapons of holy wrath and other holy effects.
- Prior to 0.30, demonic crawlers didn't have fast regeneration, but had many resistances (rF+ rC+ rElec rMiasma, and 100 will) and the Warning Cry ability.
- Prior to 0.28, demonic crawlers were Big-sized, did less damage, and did not have Warning Cry.
- Prior to 0.25, demonic crawlers could cling to walls.