For a list of all jellies, see list of jellies.
|The Pits of Slime used to be a thriving civilization, and Dissolution was the prophet of their god. When the city was overtaken by its current residents, only Dissolution survived, for they alone turned faithfully to the Slime God. Dissolution became a tremendous mass of acidic ooze, yet retained their intelligence. They are filled with hatred for anything that can hold a form.|
- The Slime Pits:2-6
Tips & Tricks
- They hit as hard as the Royal Jelly, although at a considerably slower speed. More dangerously, they can cast Summon Eyeballs, bringing forth monsters to paralyze you, mutate you, and drain your MP. Make sure to have a means of clearing the eyes quickly if you decide to confront Dissolution (Aura of Abjuration, Ignition, Fire Storm).
- Paralysis is the biggest concern, but is unfortunately also the hardest to avoid -- only Formicids can resist the gaze of floating eyes. If possible, use area-of-effect spells to damage both the eyeballs and Dissolution at the same time.
- Avoiding the mutations can be done by confronting Dissolution in lichform, as a follower of Zin, or with summoned allies blocking the shining eyes' line of effect.
- Taking Dissolution out without these preparations is possible if you do it quickly enough; a berserker that manages to get into melee quickly can often tear them apart in a few turns if all goes well. This approach definitely has potential to end badly, however. Assuming you don't encounter Dissolution on Slime:6, you should minimize the time it takes to reach them with a scroll of blinking.
- The disconnected structure of the Slime Pits means that Dissolution can often be easy to avoid. Don't explore every part of the floor, since there's no loot to be had, and if you hear a sizzling sound, try to leave the level as quickly as possible.
- Dissolution was considered male before version 0.24.