Version 0.29: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all eyeballs, see list of eyeballs.
|shining eye G|
|Type||giant eyeball, shining eye|
|Flags|| See invisible|
|A strangely deformed floating eyeball, pulsating with flesh-twisting energy.|
Shining eyes are dangerous floating monsters that deal no damage, but aggressively blast you with mutation-inflicting gaze attacks. Although these give you good mutations roughly 5% of the time, bad mutations are much, much more common. They are found in the Slime Pits, and can be summoned by a few enemies through the Summon Eyeballs spell.
|Spell set I|
Tips & Tricks
- Their attack requires a clear line of fire to hit you. Prevent this as much as possible.
- Block their malmutate with summons, like scroll of butterflies, Haunt, or Summon Horrible Things.
- Block malmutate by shielding yourself with other monsters.
- Conjurations users can use Fulminant Prism to block their line of fire.
- Block their line of sight with a scroll of fog.
- You can take out the shining eye with piercing attacks, with silver javelins being especially effective. You can also using smite-targeted attacks like LRD, Airstrike, or Portal Projectile for the same effect.