Version 0.24: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
For a list of all jellies, see list of jellies.
|Attack1|| 3 (hit: acid)
|Flags|| Destroys doors|
| A pulsating mass of acidic protoplasm. It can and will eat almost anything, growing and splitting as it does so.
“Beware of the Blob!
Jellies are rather weak creatures that introduce the player to the concept of corrosion, a stackable debuff which inflicts a negative slaying bonus and an AC penalty.
Followers of Jiyva will have a frustrating time with the jellies their god provides. These jellies have a special appetite for items lying around the dungeon floor and will devour anything except artefact items.
Tips & Tricks
- Their damage is deceptive; all acidic attacks dealt to players deal an extra 4d5 damage to players.
- If at all possible, you should fight jellies using ranged attacks to avoid their acid.
- Wearing a ring of resist corrosion or another source of rCorr will greatly reduce the chance of corrosion, as well as the damage you sustain.
- Prior to 0.19, jellies would eat items on the ground that the player had not seen even if the player was not worshiping Jiyva. Also, they couldn't eat stones and large rocks previously.
- Prior to 0.17, jellies would also eat items on the ground that the player had seen.
- Prior to 0.15, jellies were notorious for permanently weakening weapons and armour used in combat against them. The corrosion overhaul changed this.
- Prior to 0.14, jellies would not split no matter how many items they consumed.
- Prior to 0.13, jellies were more durable and hit harder, but only had speed 9.