| Liquefies the ground around the caster, making it difficult to move through. Any movement through liquefied ground will be slowed, and creatures stuck in the liquefied ground will be unable to fly. Attempts to attack the caster in melee may fail.
The effect starts out with a radius depending on power, which will then shrink, eventually covering only the caster, before it times out. Maintaining the connection to the ground slows the caster's movement, even if they are flying.
Casting Leda's Liquefaction liquefies the ground around the caster, including the square occupied by the caster. The size of this area is based on the remaining duration of the spell (similar to Silence), with a maximum radius of 5. The liquefied area moves with the caster and affects any dungeon feature with a solid floor. The duration is
9 + 2d(power)/2 turns (up to 100 turns).
Liquefied ground causes an extra movement delay of 3 for the user and 6 for monsters. A monster's melee attacks are fumbled just like in shallow water, even if amphibious or aquatic. The caster is immune to the melee penalty, but move slowly regardless of flight. Monsters that are flying, stationary, or insubstantial are immune to any penalties.
The spell cannot be recast until its effects have completely worn off. This leaves a brief period of vulnerability, when the radius shrinks down to one tile, where the only effect is to slow the caster.
Monsters stuck in the mud can't be lifted up by Polar Vortex and won't spin around the caster. Although, they'll take damage from the vortex as usual.
- The chance of enemies fumbling melee attacks makes this spell useful for anyone, but those who rely on ranged attacks to deal damage can especially benefit from the extra turns it takes melee-based opponents to reach you.
- Blink or Iskenderun's Mystic Blast will allow you to put some distance between yourself and an opponent who manages to finally reach you, giving you several more turns to snipe it in safety.
- In 0.31, Leda's Liquefaction will be an Earth/Transmutations spell. Also, its base duration will get a 5 turns buff.
- Prior to 0.27, Arcane Marksmen started with this spell.
- Prior to 0.25, the caster was also affected by the fumble penalty. They were unable to fly while the spell was active.
- Prior to 0.14, this spell applied the slow status effect to monsters.
- Prior to 0.12, this was an Earth/Transmutation spell.
- Leda's Liquefaction was added in 0.8.