Version 0.28: This article may not be up to date for the latest stable release of Crawl.
|Source(s)||Book of Lightning|
Book of Storms
|Flags||Dir or target, Needs tracer|
|Fires a mighty bolt of lightning. Its damage partially bypasses armour and it can be bounced off walls to hit targets twice.|
Lightning Bolt is a level 5 Conjurations/Air Magic spell which fires a bolt of lightning. The bolt pierces enemies, though is fairly inaccurate. By firing your bolt into a rock or stone wall, it will bounce back at an angle, potentially striking targets twice through the multizap. Unfortunately, the spell creates a lot of noise.
Unlike other bolt spells, Lightning Bolt doesn't lose any squares of range when it hits monsters.
|Max Damage||1d131 electricity|
|Range||5 to 12|
(Elec ignores 1/2 AC)
- Much like some of the more powerful Fire Magic spells, Lightning Bolt can be used to set trees ablaze.
The monster version is similar to the player version.
The following enemies cast Lightning Bolt:
- C Antaeus (3d25 damage)
- d Black draconian (3d19 damage)
- 2 Blizzard demon (3d18 damage)
- e Deep elf annihilator (3d20 damage)
- e Deep elf zephyrmancer (3d16 damage)
- q Draconian annihilator (3d21 damage)
- 9 Electric golem (3d20 damage)
- @ Louise (3d19 damage)
- @ Nikola (3d22 damage)
- a Servant of whispers (3d18 damage)
- Q Sojobo (3d24 damage)
- i Spriggan air mage (3d19 damage)
- D Storm dragon (3d19 damage)
- Q Tengu conjurer (3d14 damage)
- Q Tengu reaver (3d22 damage)
- C Titan (3d24 damage)
The following enemies may be able to cast Lightning Bolt, depending on their spell set:
- & Pandemonium lord (5.2% chance)
- d Tiamat (3d25 damage, 16.7% chance)