| A brilliant scientist obsessed with electricity. In his attempts to perfect his electric golem, he was involved in a terrible accident, and now phases in and out of reality.
“One can prophesy with a Daniel's confidence that skilled electricians will settle the battles of the near future.”
Nikola the Mad Inventor is a unique Air Magic specialist who can be a serious threat to the unprepared. Controlling electricity is second nature to him, and he always generates with a rapier of electrocution (or a 1/100 chance for the Arc Blade) as well as a cloak and pair of gloves.
Tips & Tricks
- Needless to say, electricity resistance will save your skin now more than ever. Defeating him without it is significantly more dangerous, and quite often deadly when you first encounter him. If you don't have any rElec items, remember that a potion of resistance will insulate you just as well. Just be sure you can kill Nikola before it wears off.
- The Chain Lightning spell deals an astounding amount of damage up close, but falls off as it hits further foes. This can cause upwards of 100 damage in a single turn if you don't have rElec, so be very careful. Ranged attacks and curare darts will help in avoiding this terrifying attack.
- Silence or waterlogging will shut down Nikola's spellcasting ability, making him considerably less dangerous. Of course, silencing also shuts down your spellcasting ability, so this tactic is best used by melee-focused characters.
- Surprisingly, he actually lacks electricity resistance himself. If you have powerful electric attacks, don't be afraid to use them.
- Nikola has no qualms about frying other monsters. Taking cover behind them isn't safe. Taking him as a servant of Yredelemnul is also ill-advised.
Nikola was named in honor of Nikola Tesla, an inventor famous for his eccentricity and his work with electricity.