| A brilliant scientist obsessed with electricity. In his attempts to perfect his electric golem, he was involved in a terrible accident, and now phases in and out of reality.
“One can prophesy with a Daniel's confidence that skilled electricians will settle the battles of the near future.”
Tips & Tricks
- Needless to say, electricity resistance will save your skin now more than ever. Defeating him without it is significantly more dangerous, quite often deadly when you first encounter him. If you don't have any rElec items, remember that a potion of resistance will insulate you just as well. Just be sure you can kill Nikola before it wears off.
- Be mindful of electricity's ability to hit you more than once. Avoid straying into water or too close to rock or stone walls. If you encounter Nikola in the Swamp or a similar aqueous environment, consider avoiding that level.
- Nikola will try to get adjacent to you and cast Chain Lightning, causing the spell to bounce between you and him repeatedly. This can cause upwards of 100 damage in a single turn if you don't have rElec, so be very careful.
- Silence will shut down his spellcasting ability, making him considerably less dangerous. Of course, it also shuts down your spellcasting ability, so this tactic is best used by melee-focused characters.
- Surprisingly, he actually lacks electricity resistance himself. If you have powerful electric attacks, don't be afraid to use them.
- Nikola has no qualms about frying other monsters. Taking cover behind them isn't safe.
Nikola was named in honor of Nikola Tesla, an inventor famous for his eccentricity and his work with electricity.