Olgreb's Toxic Radiance
|Causes the caster to radiate toxic energy, continuously inflicting poison on everything in line of sight for as long as the spell lasts.|
Olgreb's Toxic Radiance (often abbreviated as OTR) is a level 4 Poison Magic spell which hurts and poisons any creatures without poison resistance in the caster's line of sight for a few turns. The damage done is 1d(1+power/20) per turn (time scaled if necessary). This damage ignores AC, and is modified by the victim's poison resistance or vulnerability (monsters with one level of resistance are immune).
This spell is immensely strong for crowd control, though it isn't quite a nuke. Poison works best when stacked with repeated applications, so using this to directly kill whole groups of monsters requires multiple casts and lots of mana. What this spell will do is thin out a mixed or partly-injured crowd, killing off weak and injured monsters while chipping away at the stronger ones. It is capable of effectively killing off insects and spiders (almost all of which are vulnerable to poison), which makes it very useful in the Spider's Nest and in ant or bee hives.
Tips & Tricks
- You can combine this spell with Ignite Poison to deal approximately 200%-300% of the potential poison damage to every poisoned monster in sight immediately, depending on spell power. Then, it gains the nuclear power that you'd expect.
- Prior to 0.24 this spell did not deal direct damage on cast or properly trigger ally-harming conducts.
- Prior to 0.19, the damage of this spell varied by distance and the spell also poisoned the player character.
- Prior to 0.13, this spell poisoned all visible creatures for a single turn, didn't cause any direct damage. and could be cast when drawing the Venom card from a Deck of destruction.
- In 0.10, the effectiveness of Olgreb's Toxic Radiance was modified to scale with spell power and to still affect poison-resistant players 10% of the time.