| This blasphemous being used to be an angel of the Shining One. Now it stands as unliving proof that not even the holiest of beings are beyond Yredelemnul's grasp.
“A spell was cast and the sky turned red
Profane servitors are angels of the Shining One who have been corrupted by Yredelemnul. They have a number of potent abilities including resistances to most damage types (including holy) and vampiric/draining attacks. Their most powerful ability is their umbra, a shadow aura which conceals their allies, making it harder for affected characters to land hits. Demons, undead, and Yredelemnul worshipers are immune to its negative effects. Profane servitors are mercifully rare, only occasionally encountered while wandering the Abyss, Pandemonium, in some Yredelemnul Vault in the Depths, certain Crypt:3 layouts, and a few Ziggurat floors.
Tips & Tricks
- Monsters that worship Dith or Yred (including allies of the player) are immune to the umbra accuracy reduction.
- You may occasionally acquire your own profane servitor ally as a tier one god gift from Yredelemnul. These allies are very powerful, and are of particular use to stealthy stabbing specialists. So long as you are within the servitor's umbra, your stealth is doubled, vastly increasing your likelihood to reach opponents unnoticed.
- If you worship the Shining One, the area where your halo/umbra overlap is cancelled out.
- Although profane servitors are resistant to holy attacks like Cleansing Flame, they are still vulnerable to weapons of holy wrath.
- Keep in mind that they aren't resistant to fire and acid damage.
Profane servitors were added in 0.10.